Commercial Pilots License (CPL)
Your Commercial Pilots Licence Course can be 32-36 weeks Full Time or, alternatively, can be done over a longer period on a part time basis. Mainland Aviation College's course is the full 200 hour CAA course.
- a New Zealand PPL or NZ CAA validated equivalent
- a Class 1 Medical Certificate
- to be at least 18 years of age for issue of your licence
- no educational prerequisites
The theory course covers the 6 subjects set out in the NZ CAA syllabus:
- Principles of Flight
- Aircraft Technical Knowledge
- Human Factors
- Aviation Law
An independent Flight Examiner will conduct your CPL Flight Test.